Immigration Info UK
UK Immigration and Visa Information
 Home About the UK Immigration Travel Visa UK Backpacking Living Work Study Housing Places to Visit

 Short Travel Tourist & Business Visas

 Useful Information for Short-Stay Travelers

 Where to Stay

 Tips for Travelers


Live and Work in Australia

Live and Work in Canada

Live and Work in New Zealand

Live and Work in the USA


Want to live and work in the UK? The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) gives talented applicants the opportunity to immigrate to the UK.

Free Eligibility Assessment

Work Permit Visa UK

Planning on working for a company in the UK? The Work Permit allows skilled employees to work for a company based in the UK.

Free Eligibility Assessment

Worker Registration UK

Accession 8 National in the UK? You may be covered by this scheme if you want to work in the UK for more than one month.

Free Eligibility Assessment

Business Visa UK

Want to run a business in the UK? The Business Visa encourages successful business people to settle in the UK and develop new or existing businesses.

Free Eligibility Assessment

Family Visa UK

Want to be closer to your family? Under the Family class Visa, UK citizens and permanent residents can sponsor family members.

Free Eligibility Assessment

Partner Visa UK

Want to join your partner/spouse in the UK? The UK Partner Visa is for people who want to come to the UK to join their partner or marry their UK fiancé.

Free Eligibility Assessment

Student Visa UK

Want to study in the UK? The Student Visa allows overseas nationals to take advantage of a UK education and even work part-time.

Free Eligibility Assessment

Visitor Visa UK

Want to travel to the UK? The UK Visitor Visa allows people to travel to the UK to sightsee or visit family and friends.

Free Eligibility Assessment

Ancestry Visa UK

Grandparents born in UK? This visa is for people who want to live and work in the UK and can prove their UK ancestry.

Free Eligibility Assessment

Short Travel Tourist & Business Visas

Travel insurance, including maximum health care coverage, is highly recommended. Although by world standards the UK is a relatively safe country with some first-class medical services on offer, low-cost health care through the National Health Service (NHS) is only offered to UK citizens, residents and those few travelers who belong to countries with reciprocal health agreements with the UK.

The followings are the countries with which the UK has bilateral healthcare agreements and the categories of people covered.

European Economic Area Countries (EEA):

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus (Southern), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK, plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Switzerland by special arrangement.

Nationals of, and UK nationals in, the following countries:

Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia, Croatia, Georgia, Gibraltar, Yugoslavia i.e. Serbia & Montenegro, Kazakhstan, Kirgizstan, Macedonia, Moldova, New Zealand, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.

Residents irrespective of nationality of the following countries:

Anguilla, Australia, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Channel Islands, Falkland Islands, Iceland, Isle of Man, Montserrat, St. Helena, Turks and Caicos Islands.

• There should be no problem withdrawing money from ATM’s around the UK – most accept Visa, Diners, American Express and so on.

• Visitors to the UK can claim back the Value Added Tax (VAT) on all purchases made during their trip to the UK. The VAT is a 17.5% tax charged on most goods bought in shops. Visitors can save a lot through the ‘Retail Export Scheme’ operating in particular tax-free shops – which are all over the United Kingdom.

UKVisa Assessment


Copyright © 2004. All rights reserved - Usefull Links

Quick Links